[ExI] competition markshumanship

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:57:28 UTC 2020

It is likely that a great marksperson has great vision and that is
genetic.  In baseball to be a great hitter you need great vision.  Ted
Williams had 20/10 vision.  But baseball is a combination:  you need the
eyes and the years of skill training (to, for example, recognize a curve
ball from a slider from a fast ball and so on).  As vision gets worse with
age, so does the baseballer's batting average.  Pitchers don't need great
vision - the only position that doesn't require hitting.

I assume that it does not take long to judge the effect of the wind on a
bullet.

Details, details Spike

bill w

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 12:42 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <