[ExI] Muslim and Supermuslim: Toward Islamic transhumanism?

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 07:54:45 UTC 2020

Hi Ben, I'm aware of the "violence and coerciveness" that has often
been practiced by organized believers. I'm also aware of the
equivalent violence and coerciveness that has often been practiced by
organized atheists. Here in Eastern Europe, everyone has horror
stories to tell about the violent and coercive persecution of
believers that happened until a couple of decades ago.

And this is my best example of how the "arguments" of atheists against
believers fail: Their own camp is guilty of exactly the same violent
and coercive behavior of which they accuse the other camp.

As you say, philosophical convictions shouldn't be blamed for the
violent and coercive behavior of assholes in both camps (just like
football shouldn't be blamed for violent hooliganism). But I think
that, in both camps, the reasonable majority should disown and
denounce unreasonable minorities.

On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 12:30 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat