[ExI] social distancing, was: RE: > Taiwan is standing strong

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Mar 20 01:24:16 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
> On Behalf Of Keith Henson via extropy-chat

>>... Colleges will need to transition to distance learning.

>...I doubt it.  Somewhere around is an article Freeman Dyson wrote about
his daughter Esther Dyson's time at Harvard.  She recognized that who you
know is at least as important as what you know.  Few college students
understand that.  She did and if you read into her Wikipedia page you can
see what she did with that knowledge.

Keith

I could see a situation where those who have plenty of money and are not
dependent on loans would still go to traditional colleges, whereas those
without the means up front would transition to dramatically lower-cost
options.

Both could end up with similar degrees and similar scores on the GRE.  But
one would have connections.