[ExI] Influential Imperial College Epidemiologist catches COVID and admits his models were off by more than an order of magnitude

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 23:10:48 UTC 2020

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 4:22 PM Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <

*> The amount of economic damage being done by overreaction to this threat
> is off the charts.*

Exactly one week ago the US had 8,898 confirmed cases of COVID-19, today it
has 81,476, the highest of any nation in the world. One week ago there were
only 149 deaths from COVID-19, as of today there has been 1180 deaths. And
there is not the slightest sign the death rate is slowing down. That
doesn't sound like an overreaction to me. And unlike some, in my opinion I
don't think it would  be beautiful to have packed churches on Easter.

John K Clark