[ExI] Science Fiction

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sun Mar 29 20:03:51 UTC 2020

On 15/03/2020 16:14, Guilio Prisco wrote:
> The Expanse? Not explicitly transhumanist, but a very good SF show
> compared to the others.

Well, I'm giving this a go, but it's not exactly encouraging so far.
About 6 episodes in, and it strikes me as trying too hard to be Blade
Runner meets Total Recall, but without any androids or triple-breasted
whores. I keep expecting the Miller character to start making little
origami cranes and leaving them lying around.

Not transhumanist at all, in any meaningful sense. Detective story,
political intrigue, morally ambiguous rebels, etc. In space. I doubt
it'll hold my interest much longer.

--
Ben Zaiboc