[ExI] Is the USA doing too much to prevent COVID-19?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon May 4 13:10:58 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat

>…And so does the possibility that we won't even have an election on November 3, and please don't tell me both those things would be unconstitutional, I already know that.  John K Clark

Ja, so why worry?  The constitution is the reason why POTUS has any power at all.  Without that, he is just another person.  If POTUS stays within the ConUS, he commands the military.  Otherwise not.  Do let me assure you, if POTUS could possibly by any means seize power, they would have done it a long time ago, starting in the late 1700s.  The founders knew this and and wrote the law so that POTUS couldn’t.  They understood the intoxicating effect of power.  So they limited it.  The system works.

Given our current situation, I would think it is governors we need to watch.  There are some of them who think their word is law.  But every state has a legislature, and the legislature makes law, not the governor.