[ExI] Essential Upload Data (was: Subject: Boltzmann brains)

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue May 5 06:18:53 UTC 2020

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 5:22 PM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <

> On 03/05/2020 19:42, Re Rose wrote:
>
> IMHO, I think whole-body cryopreservation is far better than
> neuropreservation as I believe the body is a system and you need all of it.
> Thus, I have issues with uploading
>

> The one doesn't follow from the other, even if it is true (which I don't
> think, but that's a separate argument).

### It's also worth mentioning that neuropreservation allows for a much
faster cooling rate that leads to vitrification of the tissue and prevents
ice crystal formation and subsequent damage. Therefore, as far as we can
tell, the brains so preserved are much less likely to be damaged than
brains preserved with the body attached.

Rafal