[ExI] antiscience from both sides

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue May 5 20:25:19 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of John Clark via extropy-chat

>…Hillary Clinton called extreme right wingers "deplorables"…

Extreme right wingers?  She identified 25% of America with the “half of Trump followers…” comment, but it felt like she was taking in plenty of non-Trump followers, including Johnson followers, the greens, the stay-homers, anyone who didn’t vote for her.

>… a moment of weakness a politician slips up and inadvertently tells the truth…John K Clark

John you should start the anti-deplorable movement.  Anyone who doesn’t support you is in a basket of deplorables, racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, you name it.

That was a huge error, and it is What Happened.  This person just vilified at least a quarter of the American voters as these things, but probably about half.  No way anyone could get elected after that misstep.  That was the biggest unforced error by a politician in my memory.

I don’t consider that the truth.  I think of it as hate speech.  Racist, sexist, you name it, that comment was all of these.  Since you have identified that as your truth, you should start your own party and run on that John.