[ExI] the fun they had

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu May 14 05:28:46 UTC 2020

<spike at rainier66.com> wrote:

snip

> Keith did you get a chance to hang around with Asimov enough to know him
personally?

No.  Even though he was on the board of L5 Society for years, I never
met him.  He did not travel much and I didn't get to NYC during that
time.

> I know you ran with the biggies in SciFi.  I will never forget
that time you invited me over for one of your parties.  That was just cool.

Heinlein was on the L5 Board and took an active part.  Drexler and I
both tried to get him to sign up for cryonics, after all, he wrote
_Door into Summer_, but Virginia opposed it.

The party with the most SF authors was the party for Spider Robinson.
Poul Anderson showed up for that one.  I wrote about that one and the
clouds of smoke recently.

Keith