[ExI] Summer weather and COVID-19

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:03:25 UTC 2020

The study is not correct. I don't know exactly how it's wrong, but I
guarantee you that none of it's predictions will play out in reality to any
significant degree, except possibly by blind coincidence.

When you feed crap data into crap models, you get, at best, a vague
narrative that is politically useful to the people who funded the study.
Certainly nothing that reality is obligated to obey to any
significant precision.

On a more general note, model-based "science" simply isn't science. I
thought 30 years of imminently impending climate apocalypse should have
made this vividly clear.
Like they say about the economists who have predicted 15 of the last 2
economic downturns, climate models have predicted literally thousands of
the last zero global floods and dustbowls, and pandemic models have
predicted tens of millions of the last hundred thousand COVID-adjacent
deaths.

Models work for predicting the positions of planets and comets, and the
motions of spherical cows on frictionless planes in a vacuum. For
everything else, you need a lab.

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 9:19 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <