[ExI] Summer weather and COVID-19

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri May 22 22:36:12 UTC 2020

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 2:41 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

 > *Politicians do not have any authority to compel people to either stop
> whining or to get back to work. *
>

>From history we have learned that dictators don't have the legal authority
to do a lot of stuff, but they do it anyway. That's the difference between
a law of nature and the law of the land.

> >>…Nobody worker been sent to the gulag, at least not yet…
>

> *> Ja.  We have a constitution.  Aren’t you glad we have a constitution? *

I'm absolutely certain we have a Second Law of Thermodynamics, but with a
fascist party already controlling the Executive and Judicial branches and
half of the Legislative branch I'm much less certain we still have a
constitution.

>… but Republican…
>

> *> Campaigning again John?  Here?  Why?*

Because it's a fact that Republicans want workers fired if they refuse to
others who still retain a shred of compassion don't. In a survey  of
130,578 meat plant workers 4,911 tested positive for COVID-19, but Trump
issued a Executive Order on April 28 and ordered people to go back to work
anyway and to stop being a pussy and face death like a man. As a result
people are quite literally dying for a Big Mac.

If I worked in such a factory I'd remember all that on November 3, if I was
still alive on November 3 that is, and if there really is an election
on November
3, and if the results of the November 3 election are not nullified by the
fascist politicians who lost it.

Executive Order
<https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-delegating-authority-dpa-respect-food-supply-chain-resources-national-emergency-caused-outbreak-covid-19/>

 >…To make matters worse Republicans…
>>

> *> Campaigning again?  Here?  Why?*

Because it's a fact that Republicans want workers who refuse to go back to
work in conditions that are obviously unsafe to be denied unemployment
benefits, and Democrats and others who still retain a shred of compassion
don't.

  > *the system was never set up to handle the load it is under.*

Right, so unless you own a guillotine factory you'd want to avoid a
revolution that could cause a lot of unpleasantness, especially for the
super mega ultra rich. Thus you had better find a new system that can work
under this increased load as other countries have managed to do, and you
had better do it mighty damn quick.

*> Campaigning again John?  Here?  Why?*

Because it's a fact that Republicans want new laws that prevent any
employer from being sued because a worker died from unsanitary conditions
in a humid overcrowded meatpacking factory, and Democrats and others who
still retain a shred of compassion don't.

> > *politicians do not have the authority to cancel elections. *

You keep saying that! I know perfectly well that politicians do not have
the authority to cancel elections, but I also know that historically nearly
every dictator who ever lived started out as a politician or a military guy
who canceled an election, or declared the results of an election to be
invalid, or arranged a staged show election and got 99.99% of the vote.

John K Clark