[ExI] Essential Upload Data

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun May 24 01:15:16 UTC 2020

Just to toss in my two cents, one with inflation,
 What do you think a consciousness is, if not the information that is being
duplicated? Your language implies that someone's consciousness, their mind,
is a separate thing from the duplicated information.  ben

Well, that's what I think.  I think that consciousness is a dynamic
process, which can show up on an EEG,  whereas stored information is a
static process (it used to be thought that a memory was a circuit
continually running and if it stopped running the memory was lost).
Consciousness is the part that accesses the static elements if desired
(pulling long term memory into short term memory), along with processing
sensory information.  I also would not call consciousness the mind, since
most of the mind is unconscious (and static unless called on (?), like
accessing the definition of a word).  bill w

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 4:37 PM Ben via extropy-chat <