[ExI] Essential Upload Data

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sun May 24 13:05:40 UTC 2020

On Sat, 23 May 2020 at 11:25, Re Rose via extropy-chat <

> Ben, I have explained, repeatedly, and in as much detail as I possibly am
> able to considering the limitations of explanations on a list, exactly why
> I believe a copy of you is not and can not be you.
>
> I also have described why I believe making a copy is not possible, and
> that a "good enough" copy is not "good enough" if your consciousness cannot
> access it.
>
> I've invoked other authors and suggested readings. I also suggested
> general areas I think are helpful to read up in for background, and for
> fun, because the ideas leading up to making and utilizing copies of
> individuals' neural coding patterns and corrrelated neural pathways is flat
> out fascinating.
>
> Magical thinking is NOT involved in my descriptions. I think it is magical
> thinking to imagine that your consciousness will leap over into another,
> separate agent that has a copy of your neural data. No one yet has said
> *how* that will happen, even though I have asked that question a
> grillion, maybe even a brillion times to this list. That's a lot of times.

Yet you accept that youR consciousness is transferred from an earlier to a
later version of you, made of different matter configured in only
approximately the same way.

I've also said that while I agree that information is the most

Stathis Papaioannou