[ExI] Does anybody still think a US dictatorship is impossible?

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Fri May 29 00:25:32 UTC 2020

Conflating gutting the 1st amendment with this executive order is
misguided.   It's not as black and white as that.   Sec 230 as originally
applied to ISPs protected them because they were not purposefully acting
like publishers, merely conduits.   The precedence here is to also treat
companies like Twitter with the same protections, and there is a very good
chance that based on that legal precedence, the SCOTUS will rule against
this order in any case.   Even if they don't, it will just mean that
Twitter ends up being treated like any other publisher such as the NY Times
or Washington Post.

A challenge to remove Sec 230 protections from companies like Facebook,
Twitter, and Google has been building in conservative circles for some time
now as the evidence of their own political bias in filtering data through
their platforms has accumulated and been documented.

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 7:29 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <