[ExI] what did we learn?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Nov 3 19:14:40 UTC 2020

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] what did we learn?

>…Here is the problem with scientists writing anything for publication:  Waffling…

Ja.  We need more waffling.  We don’t know what the future holds.  We see plenty of reasons to be nuanced in our opinions (well not mine of course: my opinions are all based entirely on FACT!  (But everyone else’s should be nuanced.))  Scientists and tech people get this.

>…Aren't you tired of reading scientific articles and finding something to the effect at the end of "more research is needed"…

No.  I am tired of journalism majors offering opinion as fact and telling us everything is settled.  It isn’t.

>…People want facts.  They don't want to wait for more studies, all of which will say 'more studies' again and again…

Ja.  I want more studies.  Truth becomes truthier over time.

>…Yes, that science.  Reasonable.  Skeptical. Frustrating… bill w

Ja, it’s the kind of frustration I like.