[ExI] smartwatch update

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 18:03:39 UTC 2020

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 9:18 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <

> And you can switch it off, as someone else explained a few posts ago. So
> that's fine. It's just the attitude 'why would you want to?' that
> astonishes me.

The problem is that people are using different definitions of "off".

When you say "turn the watch off", you mean to put it in a power-saving
mode where it still keeps time.

Others hear "remove all power, stop it from keeping time, and basically
wreck the device".  "Why would you want to" essentially smash your device
to pieces?

Yes, I know, you mean nothing approximating "smash it to pieces".  But
that's what others have read in your words.  That is the problem.