[ExI] put up with me

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sat Nov 14 19:02:35 UTC 2020

Quoting Bill Wallace:

> FYI - my cholesterol was 170 - optimal - LDL 104. Optimal.  But last week,
> in reviewing my stance on statins, I ran across a finding that statins
> helped in heart cases even though your cholesterol was normal.  Yesterday
> they ran it, and LDL was 49!! - total 104.

Those numbers are really good. Was this your first heart attack?

> I have no idea where we go from here.  We don't know, and maybe won't know
> what caused the heart attack, but I have avoided surgery, stents, etc.  Now
> if I can just walk 100 feet without feeling out of breath......

Were the beta-blockers solely for high blood pressure? If there was no
arterial plaque, then it could be coronary artery spasms

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/angina/expert-answers/coronary-artery-spasm/faq-20058316

or MINOCA.

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/full/10.1161/circulationaha.117.027666

> Thanks for caring

I am glad you are still around, but no dice on the yacht. If I had the
money for a yacht, then funding cardiac stem-cell research would
probably be a better investment anyway. :-)

Stuart LaForge