[ExI] Eventbrite/Zoom addiction!

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Nov 21 18:53:13 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat

> I will feel really cheated if my middle years come and go but my crisis never happens.
>
> spike

>…You are already living your mid-life crisis!   :)

BillK

BillK, if this is my midlife crisis, I don’t know how I will cope once it is over.  There just ain’t enough Despondex to bring me down.

Regarding the picture above, here’s how you can easily tell they are taking a photo in front of a backdrop with fans blowing their hair: real bikers don’t ride in that posture.  If your bike has ape-hangers, you tilt them forward so you are leaning into the wind.  Otherwise you are hanging on your hands from the wind-load, which means you aren’t going far.

Other indications: at freeway speed, the handlebar fringes don’t trail at 30 degrees from horizontal: they are straight back.  The seam from the black horizontal surface to the vertical backdrop is very clear.  If you have ever been to sand dune country, you know that sand dunes travel like waves on the sea.  They don’t come right up to the edge of the road like that and just stop.  Do take a trip sometime out to Death Valley National Park and see some real dunes.  It is a kick.  But you hafta walk out to them from the road.  If they built a paved road out to the dunes, it would be buried under sand half the time.

But I digress.  Ja I have been living my midlife crisis most of my life and I do cheerfully recognize I am damn lucky, way more so than I deserve.  I have already done the things I wanted to do.  Now I just want to do more of those things.