[ExI] humility

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 16:39:05 UTC 2020

On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 at 16:40, spike jones via extropy-chat

Don't forget Uriah Heep in Charles Dickens' novel David Copperfield.

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uriah_Heep>
Quotes:
His character is notable for his cloying humility, unctuousness,
obsequiousness, and insincerity, making frequent references to his own
"'umbleness". His name has become synonymous with sycophancy.
There is pretend humble and true humble.
It was George Burns who is attributed with the razor sharp aphorism:
"Sincerity, if you can fake that, you've got it made."