[ExI] Fan of Sci-Fi? Psychologists Have You in Their Sights

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 18:43:40 UTC 2020

It's called triage, isn't it? Deciding on who gets first treatment.  How
about some 80 something year old who is going to die soon anyway versus a
much younger person who, if treated, could have many years left.  I know
who I would treat.  I remember a chart showing how much is spent on health
care as a function of age, and it's very positively accelerated.  Most of
the money is spent in the last couple of years of one's life.  Well, I want
my treatment too, but not at the cost of not treating a younger person.  In
fact (I think now - who knows what I will think later) I will turn down
expensive treatments which will only keep me alive for a few months
longer.

bill w

I think we need Rafal in on this one.  Where did he go?

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 1:18 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <