[ExI] down by the riverside

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Sep 5 00:32:43 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat

> Smart amateur immunologists among us, does that sound reasonable to
> you?  Why or why not?

>...That does sound reasonable to me, especially because many homers are
already chronically ill and potentially immunocompromised. As a result an
infection that should have been resolved in 2 weeks takes a month or longer.
Even if a resident is capable of shaking off the virus eventually, if he
slips in the shower during a coughing fit and cracks his head open while
positive for virus, he is still a COVID death.

>...Incidentally there is anecdotal evidence that people who are immune to
the virus can develop subclinical asymptomatic reinfection after several
months. So there is a slim possibility that it might become endemic in
nursing homes as a nosocomial infection long after the general population is
immune due to constant re-exposure by immune but mildly reinfected visitors
and staff. This is likely to be exacerbated by profit-motive if the
government continues to maintain a bounty on so-called COVID deaths.

Stuart LaForge

Thanks Stuart,

I am leaving your entire comment in there unedited because you said it
better than I did: fewer words, more content.

I wanna be you when I grow up., me lad.  I already know you are smart from
that time you were here.  Now we see you can write.

I am pleased to see I am not the only one thinking about this.  That
business of a fund for covid fatalities has always seemed like an open and
wide highway to corrupted datasets.