[ExI] bikers again and smallpox

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Sep 7 04:02:59 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] bikers again and smallpox

You are too early in counting biker death by weeks.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Why are we counting the one guy?  What is the range when we can start to when we can end that count?  Isn't it too soon on him?  How do we know he didn't catch at home before the rally?  And if he did catch before the rally, there should have been others who caught before the rally and are dying now.  Perhaps that's the preselection effect.

The Sturgis rally was in South Dakota, one of seven states which did not issue shutdown orders.  South Dakota was (I think) the only state which shut down nothing.  The other six states had very limited shutdowns and no stay-home orders.

The states which did not shut down, ranked by covid deaths per million population are

Iowa			Rank 23			death per million 396
Arkansas		Rank 30			death per million 296
Nebraska		Rank 38			death per million 209
North Dakota		Rank 39			death per million 205
South Dakota		Rank 41			death per million 196
Utah			Rank 44			death per million 132
Wyoming		Rank 49			death per million 73

US average covid death per million: 584

Source:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

OK then.  States which did not shut down didn't really have all that much in fatalities per million.

I have some ponderin to do.