[ExI] The Moon's Cold Embrace

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 05:27:10 UTC 2020

On Thu, Aug 13, 2020 at 1:47 PM Keith Henson via extropy-chat <
extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote

> > None of this is impossible, just expensive.  ISS costs $100 B.  A
> > minimal 100 person moon colony might cost one or two trillion.
> >

> ### Not if we have a 50 ton 90%-self-replicating technology delivered at
> 100$/kg.
>
> I would like to see a proposal for this device even at the block diagram.

### Electric front-loader -> solar powered smelter -> metal powders (Al,
Fe, Mn, metallic Na for batteries) -> metal printer + care package from
Earth -> electric front-loader......

> Can you think of an example where people live underground for years?
> I don't know of any.  Even being inside and able to look out windows
> causes serious mental problems for a lot of people if they do it too
> long.

### I don't believe this is a problem. Lava tubes would offer enough space
for those who crave nice views. Return to Earth would be relatively cheap,
compared to the cost of the trip up.

Rafal