[ExI] they never recover

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Sep 10 15:13:50 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
>> On Behalf Of BillK via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] they never recover

On Thu, 10 Sep 2020 at 14:26, spike jones via extropy-chat

See: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53722711>

>...A review of how deaths from coronavirus are counted in England has reduced the UK death toll by more than 5,000...people in England who died at any point following a positive test, regardless of cause, were counted in the figures...  BillK

Thanks BillK.

>>...Patience please, this all leads back to Sturgis...

Regarding the UK's cutoff of 28 days, plenty of Sturgis ralliers came and went by 14 August, even though some events continued until the end of the main event on 16 August.  We are still short a bunch of covid deaths in that group of half million proles.

>...there will now be a cut-off of 28 days...  BillK

This bit about time limits is something we Yanks have not agreed upon, but it gets more complicated here perhaps.  The counties hand up data to the state level, and the state hands up data to the fed (CDC.)  But the CDC may not hand back down standards for reporting.  They can ask nicely and they might get it in most cases, but the result is kinda like Europe: the nations all choose their own favorite standards, and they don't all match.  In Spain and Sweden, they still never recover, and in Belgium, only about 19 percent ever do.

OK then.  USA, states.  Each state is analogous to a European nation, each reports what it reports and the Fed may not dictate rules.  If they try, they run into 4th amendment restrictions, and that is their own rules.  If they try to find a way around A4, the Supreme Court kicks their federal butts, which is why I am such a big fan of the Supreme Court.  I love em even when they do things I don't like.  The fed has no legal authority to snoop into Americans' medical records.

OK Sturgis.  Now we have kind of a special-case dataset, a big one.  But... they can't count as a Sturgis covid death those who already tested positive before the rally.  They can't get away with that crap because there are too many of us amateur epidemiologist bikers watching every move carefully.  We will know if some hapless covid corpse with a crowbar embedded in his damn skull is passed off a covid WITH or OF fatality, even if it was that, kinda indirectly: he had the virus, tested positive, recovered but gave it to his bride which is why she didn't go with him to the rally and why he did whatever it was which resulted in his final date with the blunt instrument.

Well, OK, that kinda thing happens.  The information security system around Sturgis is better than the Federal government's, but classified secrets do leak.  The Sturgis dataset is different and valuable:  no political angle to it, and eeeeverybody wants to study it, for good reason: if we can examine every Sturgis covid fatality, we can see if there is any viral mutation taking place, and perhaps there is a new strain which is less likely to produce the lethal cytokine storm, or whatever it is that kills real covid patients.  Sloppy reporting becomes more difficult.

This is the kind of data even a rocket scientist can understand.