[ExI] simulation stat goofiness

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Sep 18 15:16:28 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] simulation stat goofiness

>... at Spike: I'm shocked that Bostrom et al. have never seemed to address this, or what they believe the world of the simulator is like, and whether it's probable that the simulator is in a simulation too…

I bought his book but cannot claim to understand it to any real extent. That Nick Bostrom is a clever avatar indeed.

>… It's a half-assed concept for sure…

Sure but think of it Will: that concept in itself is something that can only really be done in a sim.  Everybody knows that buns come in pairs, only pairs, never any other number.  Just trying to imagine having only one, we need a sim to help us envision such a thing.