[ExI] simulation stat goofiness

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 20:29:11 UTC 2020

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 12:50 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Ja, Will, but after I wrote it, I realized there are other ways to
> interpret the notion.  Its bilateral symmetry suggests a vertical division,
> but doesn’t actually require it.  Division could be imagined horizontally,
> or even with a division by a vertical plane whose perpendicular vector
> points in the direction the hapless flat-ass is facing.  The mind boggles,
> but… if one is open minded, there are even versions of the idea which
> require no plastic surgery or falling sheets of plate glass: think of the
> heroin-chic fashions where it is (somehow) considered cool to wear what
> looks like someone-else’s pants, with the someone else being at least four
> sizes bigger.

or to interpret the definition of ass to be that of a donkey...  perhaps
that leads to a minotaur as about-half-man + half-ass?
(though a minotaur is likely about 80% ass plus slightly more than
half-a-man)

I'm not sure of the power ratio, but if a donkey is within tolerance of a
horse then half-assed would be a measure of work over time, yeah?
(or maybe it is anyway)

and while we're asking the question, is the degree-of-assed to be increased
or decreased?  The idea of work done half-assed is understood to be a
negative connotation, but is an improvement to be no-assed or whole-assed?

 I was going to comment on the simulation argument, but now i'm just too
far off topic.