[ExI] southern data

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Sep 26 18:20:27 UTC 2020

Subject: Re: [ExI] southern data

>…New case counts are absolutely meaningless for a number of reasons.  The only metrics to watch are ICU admissions and deaths.

>…By those measures, there is no second wave including in Europe.

>…I'd suggest reading this:

https://lockdownsceptics.org/addressing-the-cv19-second-wave/

Thank… you… very much Dylan.  This is what we need here, and plenty of it from Jolly Olde: those lads managed to not politicize the hell outta this tragedy.  We should import some Made in England epidemiologists on an emergency basis.

We have articles written by economists, journalists, politicians, none of which are worth the electrons used to make them (many of which may have been harmful.)  We need some fellers who know from epidemiology and who don’t care who wins the upcoming US elections, don’t even know or care who is running, they don’t have a dog in that fight.

I have half a mind to post to BillK offering a deal: he calls his buddies in parliament, arranges to send us some epidemiologists, we arrange to send him some economists, journalists and politicians, have each study the other country’s covid numbers.  We will give you guys ten yanks for each limey.  You can keep them as souvenirs, but we will return your limey afterwards.  Such a deal!

I am watching for my own confirmation bias, because I concluded a long time ago that it is mortality data that counts, not new case data, and I did notice the mortality rates in Britain are not surging like the new case rates, which are dependent on test rates and testing reliability, both of which vary all over the map in the states.

Dylan this looks like a great article, very informed, thanks.