[ExI] oh hey, why didn't we do this sooner...

Dylan Distasio interzone at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 13:59:09 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 2:39 AM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <

> By the way, do you recall the case of the transboy in Texas:
>

> https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/feb/25/transgender-wrestler-mack-beggs-wins-texas-girls-title
>
> Note that he wanted to compete with the boys, but the rules forced him
> to compete with the girls because of what's on the birth certificate.
> That's not his (or his parents') crafty scheme to win in these
> competitions. Rather, it's the Texas public school rules.

While I think in this case, it makes sense for him to wrestle with boys if
he wants to based on his hormone therapy, I definitely don't think the
reverse situation is a good idea where transwoman are allowed to compete
against cis women.   It's indisputable that someone born male who has
gotten into the middle of puberty has innate physical advantages over girls
on average.

Not trying to offend, but I'm curious if you feel the same way in the other
direction.  I just don't feel like it's a fair fight to take an adult
transwoman who transitioned after puberty for example, and wants to fight
against cis woman in the ring.  There is a real possibility of extreme
injury there based on a number of physical factors, some present from
birth, and many from high T during puberty.