[ExI] 'Magic mushroom' compound may work just as well as antidepressants, small study finds

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 04:33:36 UTC 2021

 These Psychedelic Drugs Show Promise for Treating Mental Health Disorders

https://www.livescience.com/63310-psychedelic-drugs-mental-health-disorders.html

LSD alters consciousness by breaking down barriers in the brain

https://www.livescience.com/lsd-breaks-down-barriers-brain.html

Microdosing with 'shrooms or LSD no better than placebo, study finds

https://www.livescience.com/microdosing-lsd-placebo-effect.html

I admit to being very surprised about the third article on how microdosing
was shown to be no better than a placebo. I have read a number of articles
by people who swore by it, saying that it greatly increased their sense of
well-being and ability to focus for long periods. And of course it is now
the hip new trend in Silicon Valley, to enhance work performance.

..I wish all of these drugs would be legalized, and then utilized in
intelligent ways to enhance the lives of people. And especially to help
those who suffer from depression, anxiety and other mood disorders.

There is now a Ketamine clinic in Arizona, but health insurance does not
cover treatment, which means the initial three month therapy costs four
thousand dollars out of pocket!

John