[ExI] Delaying Aging Would Bring Trillions of Dollars in Economic Gains, Study Finds

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 23:53:32 UTC 2021

I can hear Max and Natasha in my mind saying to the world, "we told you
so..."

"Now researchers have used US economic, health, and demographic data to put
a price on just how valuable such an intervention could be. In a paper
in *Nature
Aging* <https://www.nature.com/articles/s43587-021-00080-0>, they showed
that treatments that slow down aging could be worth US$38 trillion for
every extra year of life they give people.

This isn’t the first time someone has tried to pin a number on the benefits
of slowing aging. The authors reference a 2013 study in* Health Affairs*
<https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.2013.0052>, which
estimated that a 2.2-year increase in life expectancy could be worth as
much as $7.1 trillion over 50 years."

https://singularityhub.com/2021/07/12/delaying-aging-would-bring-trillions-of-dollars-in-economic-gains-study-finds/