[ExI] US ‘failed miserably’ in wargame reportedly against China attack on Taiwan

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Aug 6 19:50:29 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] US ‘failed miserably’ in wargame reportedly against China attack on Taiwan

We probably have as many submarines as there are humpback whales - enough missiles to darken the Sun…

Eh, no sir.  We do not.  The exact number is not published of course, but if we started popping these things off, we would need money to replace them, lots of it.

>…Just what resources do we lack?

Enough money to replace that which we fired.  We also lack the industrial capability to build the stuff we wrecked with nuclear bombs.  China is the world’s manufacturer of household goods.  We not only do not have replacement capacity, we cannot build it now because of environmental regulations which do not apply to China.

>…  We use existing military personnel to carry out attacks so no extra dollars there.  What resources are you saying we lack?

We can attack if we wish, but then what?

>…And I don't see the connection between not balancing the books and failures to meet military obligations.  bill w

I fear too many Americans do not see that connection Billw, far too many.