[ExI] US ‘failed miserably’ in wargame reportedly against China attack on Taiwan

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 20:18:09 UTC 2021

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 12:52 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *…*> *On Behalf Of *William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
> *Subject:* Re: [ExI] US ‘failed miserably’ in wargame reportedly against
> China attack on Taiwan
>

> We probably have as many submarines as there are humpback whales - enough
> missiles to darken the Sun…
>

> Eh, no sir.  We do not.  The exact number is not published of course, but
> if we started popping these things off, we would need money to replace
> them, lots of it.

We do not have enough nuclear munitions to seriously affect the Sun itself,
even if we could propel them there.  The Sun is larger than a lot of people
realize.

We do have enough nuclear munitions to cause nuclear winter - darkening
Earth's skies, blotting out the Sun's rays from reaching the Earth's
surface.  This is not literally darkening the Sun, but it accomplishes the
same result as far as the vast majority of the human population is
concerned.