[ExI] US ?failed miserably? in wargame reportedly against China attack on Taiwan

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 06:17:36 UTC 2021

Stuart LaForge wrote:
"I figured out a strategy by which standard carrier groups with minor
modifications could hold out against hypersonic missiles from the
Chinese mainland while dominating the strait of Taiwan. If any of the
Navy brass figure it out also, then we should be fine, so long as our
objectives were sufficiently limited (to defending Taiwan from troop
carriers)."

Please write a letter to the U.S. Naval War College, and let them know your
idea. They may not have figured it out...

"But we absolutely must fulfill our commitment to Taiwan and FUCK
trying to appease China. Remember everybody thought Hitler would be
satisfied with Poland. Also try to imagine yourself to be an Asian for
minute"

Amen! And part of the reason they want Taiwan is so they can use it to put
a boot down on Japan's neck.

"If we do not honor our treaty with Taiwan, what makes you think China
will harbor any delusion that we would honor our financial debt to
them? If we do not honor our treaty with Taiwan, China would lose all
respect for us. And they would certainly not stop at Taiwan. Not when
 South Korea, Japan, Hawaii, and California are on the menu."

They are a classic schoolyard bully, writ large! And if America does not
successfully defend Taiwan, the rest of the world will lose
faith in us, and our global economic and military hegemony will ultimately
collapse. We absolutely must not back down, despite the risks.

John

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 11:37 PM Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat <