[ExI] US ?failed miserably? in wargame reportedly against China attack on Taiwan

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sun Aug 8 06:12:38 UTC 2021

On Saturday, August 7, 2021, 08:17:58 AM PDT, John Grigg via
extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

> Stuart LaForge wrote:

>> "I figured out a strategy by which standard carrier groups with minor
>> modifications could hold out against hypersonic missiles from the
>> Chinese mainland while dominating the strait of Taiwan. If any of the
>> Navy brass figure it out also, then we should be fine, so long as our
>> objectives were sufficiently limited (to defending Taiwan from troop
>> carriers)."

> Please write a letter to the U.S. Naval War College, and let them
> know your idea. They may not have figured it > out...

I don't think that would do much good. I sense that there is more
going on here than just the arrangement of pieces on a chess board.
That being said our side needs more disposable pawns. This would
involve more automation and AI which carries its own risks.

I feel that losing the Taiwan scenario in a war game is just the wake
up call that the U.S. naval commanders needed to keep them from
fighting the previous war. The fact that the U.S. lost the war game
might mean they have not figured this out yet. But the fact that the
outcome of the war game leaked may mean that they have.

Ultimately it doesn't matter because as Napoleon correctly observed:
"No battle plan survives contact with the enemy." It will come down to
whose commanders can best manage the chaos of battle where trivial
causes can cascade into dire consequences. As the old saying goes,
wars are lost for want of a nail.

>> "But we absolutely must fulfill our commitment to Taiwan and FUCK
>> trying to appease China. Remember everybody thought Hitler would be
>> satisfied with Poland. Also try to imagine yourself to be an Asian for
>> minute"

> Amen! And part of the reason they want Taiwan is so they can use it
> to put a boot down on Japan's neck.

Well, there is also that Taiwan is a small island half the size of
Ireland but has 4% of the GDP of all of China. As an aesthete, I think
Taiwan is worth saving on the merit of their music alone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FlxHvPlvU8

>> "If we do not honor our treaty with Taiwan, what makes you think China
>> will harbor any delusion that we would honor our financial debt to
>> them? If we do not honor our treaty with Taiwan, China would lose all
>> respect for us. And they would certainly not stop at Taiwan. Not when
>> South Korea, Japan, Hawaii, and California are on the menu."

> They are a classic schoolyard bully, writ large! And if America does
> not successfully defend Taiwan, the rest of the world will lose
> faith in us, and our global economic and military hegemony will
> ultimately collapse. We absolutely must not back down, despite the
> risks.

I think they are just sexually frustrated from their huge surplus of
men due to decades of aborting girl fetuses. On the bright side,
should we lose, China will send a "Han daddy" to take care of our
wives and daughters when we are away at re-education camp:

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-uighur-monitor-home-shared-bed-report-2019-11

If the U.S. is destined to be a sword, then let us be the sword that
gives life rather than taking it.

Stuart LaForge