[ExI] Golden Age

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Aug 9 04:32:54 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Darin Sunley via extropy-chat
Sent: Saturday, August 7, 2021 12:19 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Darin Sunley <dsunley at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Golden Age

>…What happened is we won. The most bizarre, normie-freaking future-shocking far-out speculations that were the meat and potatoes of this list flowed outwards and became the water western civilization is currently swimming in.

>…When the Kardashians have an opinion about cryptocurrency and AI-alignment, you know you changed the world.

Thanks for mentioning cryptocurrency Darin.  I have only a vague and very possibly inaccurate notion of what is (are?) Kardashians (and I am deplorably too apathetic on that subject to google it) but note that the ideas which led to cryptocurrency were very likely first discussed in this forum in the 1990s.  May Hal Finney rest in peace and his fond memory live forever.