[ExI] to my fellow renaissance life forms

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Aug 18 12:41:28 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of Henry Rivera via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] to my fellow renaissance life forms

>…Spike,

I find your ignorant generalization and attempt at a joke offensive. I’m kind of embarrassed for you.

Rap is diverse, heterogeneous like the people who make it. Some is intellectually void aka the WAP song. Much is not. Listen to the latest (2021) by Nas or anything by KRS-One to expand your horizons in this area.

-Henry

Henry, rap follows a progression from the big bands era, with about 20 musicians to pay, vs rock and roll which was typically 4 to 6 players, to rap which is made by one person, no need of a band, for the background sounds are public domain.  Rap costs nothing to make.  Big bands are big money.

So…  if we have no way to pay good artists, we end up with rap.

While recognizing that rap often contains the strongest second amendment rights sounds on the radio, it sometime also promotes murder.   From what I can tell, much rap contains lyrics that should cause it to be shunned, such as racist and sexist terms.