[ExI] 'Copyright'

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Aug 20 20:41:29 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of Dave Sill via extropy-chat
…

>…What about patents? Should we throw them out, too? Who would research and create new drugs without a cost-recovery mechanism?

-Dave

Amateurs, working alone.  The new drugs won’t work of course, but at least they will be free.

The message in this whole discussion is very clear: without some kind of way to pay people for production of intellectual property, most people won’t do it.  Market forces the quality away from Stevie Wonder toward Londre Sylvester .