[ExI] 'Copyright' (Was: Re: to my fellow renaissance life forms)

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 04:08:29 UTC 2021

SR Ballard wrote:
"Pirating doesn’t “steal a book”. It was never printed. The costs of me
reading this book I don’t own are exactly the same as if I don’t read it.
Stealing a book means someone paid to print that copy and now can’t sell
it. I have never done something like that."

I wonder if anyone has made a sf comedy short film about an advanced
"pirating" technology where just about anything can be scanned with a
tricorder like device, and then copied with a transporter style home
appliance? In the story, two feuding neighbors have a on-going conversation
about the legalities and ethics involving pirating, even as one of them
goes nuts making copies of just about anything he can scan and recreate at
home! The conclusion has the pirating neighbor covertly making a copy of
his neighbor's wife, which results in a woman who automatically leaves him
and reunites with her husband, who now has two wives! Lol The final scene
has the pirate being arrested by the police, as he admits to finally having
gone too far.

John  :  )

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 4:35 PM SR Ballard via extropy-chat <