[ExI] New tool to complete author's novel for them

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Aug 25 18:31:38 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] New tool to complete author's novel for them

>…Perhaps the AI in charge of helping writers could just pay writers of incomplete works what they think it's worth, and publish the book it finishes…

What if… we took the first 30 pages of Lord of the Flies and gave it to the software, let it write the rest, then did some kind of small tweak to the same software and gave the new version the same 30 pages.  If we set the program with adjustable parameters somehow, perhaps we can cause it to write the story where Simon lives and Jack doesn’t.

Alternative experiment: give the AI 30 pages, it writes an ending, take out the original 30 pages and write a short introduction, hand that to another AI to write a sequel or continuation of the story.