[ExI] probability

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 00:21:32 UTC 2021

On Dec 17, 2021, at 5:24 PM, Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> My point is that they don’t dispute the numbers, they say that they are more afraid of the vaccine even if the numbers are correct. They have a problem with mathematics, or perhaps they have a superstitious belief that despite the numbers they are personally at greater risk from the vaccine.

There’s the issue of when someone is told that therapy X (say, a drug or an operation) has a 10% chance of being fatal versus them being told it has a 90% of not being fatal. Both mean the same thing, but most people will assume the former is worse than the latter.



More information about the extropy-chat mailing list