[ExI] This is my last post to the Extropian List

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 14:56:24 UTC 2021

Social media in general are wrestling with that question, particularly
FaceBook and Twitter.  When a mainstream medium decides it will filter
content or block a user, it becomes a de facto endorsement of every post it
allows to remain.

Look at some of the vile garbage Face Book and Twitter suddenly endorsed,
oh mercy: racism, sexism, genocide, the works.  If they are going to
moderate content, then they must do it across the board.  Otherwise, that
content is theirs to own.  spike

Let's take two examples: 1 - I will post an idea that what we need now is a
king - total authoritarian.  2 - I post some obscenities with no social
content.

I assume a moderator will censor the second one, but not the first - we are
libertarians but open to discussion of all ideas.  Spike is saying that the
group endorses the authoritarian one because it does moderate content and
is letting this one post.

That's just not right.  If some libertarian in our group starts demanding a
king for our country,that is not the same as endorsing the idea.   That is
just letting serious ideas get to us for discussion and probably shaming!
  bill w

On Fri, Feb 5, 2021 at 8:45 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <