[ExI] free speech

Bill Hibbard hibbard at wisc.edu
Sun Jan 10 14:20:23 UTC 2021

> Google and Facebook are private companies and they can
> censor all they want to, and I would not take that away
> from them, or even force them to use disclaimers.

I am all for freedom too, but the biggest threat to freedom
is concentration of power. Information monopolies, and
collaboratng duopolies (Apple and Google for Apps)
concentrate power.

For example, the wires and cell networks carrying Internet
traffic are owned by private companies. If all these
companies join together and say, "We prohibit any information
about extropian ideas, transhumanism, and the future of
technology in general." Is that OK?