[ExI] geezer guard

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 06:45:17 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 1:30 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

>   I wish I had the opportunity to eat grassfed beef. Probably available in
> big cities. bill w
>

> ### It's available online but buyer beware: Raising cows on grass is much
more technically difficult than raising them on corn. You have to actively
manage pastures, move them from one to another as the grass grows, really
pay attention. If you mess up, the meat ends up poor quality, poor flavor.
Unhappy cows don't taste good. Putting them in front of a trough filled
with corn is a no-brainer for the farmer, which is why corn-fed beef tends
to have more uniform quality.

I recommend "Steak: One Man's Search for the World's Tastiest Piece of
Beef" by Mark Schatzker. Great book, full of interesting tidbits.

Rafal