[ExI] yelling fire

SR Ballard sen.otaku at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 06:22:20 UTC 2021

Charles Spurgeon dealt with a similar incident early in his ministry:

“Emotional Trial by ‘Fire!’
The service was underway when, during Spurgeon’s prayer, several malicious troublemakers shouted, “Fire! The galleries are giving way! The place is falling!” even though there was no fire.

In the subsequent panic, Spurgeon attempted to quell the commotion, but seven people were trampled to death and twenty-eight were hospitalized with numerous serious injuries. ”

SR Ballard