[ExI] McAfee

Sherry Knepper guessmyneeds at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 27 05:28:01 UTC 2021

I hadn't heard that McAfee died.  I will look that up.  I always thought he had a shady vibe about him every time I saw him.  I know of a few other high profile people jailed for tax evasion but no suicide attempts as far as I know.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 1:46 PM, Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat<extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:   I am pretty that by now everybody here has heard of McAfee's alleged
suicide in a Catalan prison. I just thought it was strange that former
Libertarian party presidential hopeful could have died under such
mysterious circumstances. Especially, after having publically
announced less than two years ago that he would never kill himself,
and was worried that powerful people were out to kill him and make it
look like a suicide. The man even had his arm tattooed with "$whack'd"
so people would know that someone had pid to have him killed.

I mean Epstein's self-hanging in prison was controversial, but he was
a billionaire who had lost everything and had been called out as a
pedophile to the entire world. It would therefore be conceivable that
he might actually WANT to die out of shame. But don't see how a
libertarian like McAfee would be ashamed enough about tax-evasion, of
all things, to kill himself.

Stuart LaForge