[ExI] crowdsourced crimefighters

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sun Mar 7 21:55:07 UTC 2021

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Bill Hibbard via extropy-chat

>...I occasionally have to park outdoors and on a Wisconsin winter night
that can mean a dead battery. So I got a jump starter. It's a one pound
lithium battery that can generate 800 amps. What a great accessory.

>...A few years ago a friend let me drive his Tesla Model 3 dual motor
performance. What a rocket, not to mention pretty good self-driving. It took
a good deal of will to resist buying one (I need to keep my driver's
license).

Heh.  Bill, that's a Model 3.  Imagine how a Dual S will go.  My neighbor is
a hotrod guy and he agrees his is a rocket.  He loves it.  Offered to let me
drive it.  I politely declined, for a good reason: I don't want to want one.

Does anyone from way the heck up there have info on how Teslas do when it is
absurdly cold?  My intuition tells me that since they will still go (slowly)
at very low temperature, then they will warm up as you drive and should be
fine after a few km.

Those of you who can afford a Tesla, do let me encourage you: go for it.
You are doing a good deed.