[ExI] things to buy

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Mar 25 23:33:07 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 4:00 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] things to buy

>…Spike, I do have  reason to try to make a bit more money than my pension brings in.  After getting my second divorce I married a millionaire and retired.  I signed  document saying that my pension will end when I die - she won't need it.  Now my current wife Roz will be left with no pension of her own and none of mine.  She will have wonderful health insurance - the best.  Her mother lived to 96 (died this month), so she may last quite a while and I would like for her to have as much money as possible without endangering what we have now (abou 50K).  I do appreciate the humor though.

>…Do you have any take on how risky bitcoin is?   bill w

Regarding Bitcoin, that’s anybody’s guess.  Since it creates no actual products, doesn’t actually manufacture anything, its value is just a collective public opinion on what it is worth.  So… I don’t know, but neither does anyone else.

My own opinion: that ship has sailed.  I might be wrong of course, but if it goes down, remember you heard it here first.  If it goes up, well, think of how much less money you lost than you would have lost had you bought in a coupla yrs ago.  It’s all in your attitude, me lad.

A possible solution to your potential widow: have her marry a millionaire and keep you hidden away as her mister.