[ExI] today's news

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 19:52:51 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 11:21 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> If I may stop and pick a nit:  such a feat is more possible for most
> people   adrian
> Now is 'possible' the same as 'probable'?  I think of possible as being of
> two sorts:  possible and impossible and nothing in between, so you can't
> get more or less possible the way you can get probable and improbable - a
> dichotomy versus a continuous variable, that is.   bill w

That's not the sense in which I meant.  Viewing it as just statistical odds
ignores the effort people put in.

I meant, "within the level of effort (and quality of effort) that more
people can provide, and thus possible - in a practical sense - for more
people".