[ExI] totalitarian techniques

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Nov 10 15:58:18 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

>…"The love of money is the root of all evil."  Not really 'all', but much.  bill w

Billw, the real truth is related.  The love of money is in all of us.  It is in the good and the evil among us, and in even the ambiguously good/evil such as Mr. Bates from Downton Abbey.

The love of money axis is orthogonal to the good/evil axis.  I can easily see the entire good/evil axis end to end from my vantage point, for I am way out here on the love of money axis. We have always gotten along well, money and me, always liked each other, since childhood, and it grew into a most sincere and enduring love.  I have never even quarreled with my money.

The real truth is this sir:  It isn’t love of money that is down there at the bottom of the evil tree.  The lack of money is the root of all evil.