[ExI] totalitarian techniques

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Fri Nov 12 09:29:26 UTC 2021

On 10/11/2021 22:20, Spike wrote:
> Use a legal system to limit any individual’s power.  Use capitalism to
> bring up everyone’s wealth.

The problem with this is that individuals who want power, form groups
that dodge and even capture the legal limits on power (we usually call
them 'governments', 'corporations', etc.). They then go on to acquire
 >90% of the available wealth, thus immense power, leaving everyone else
powerless and poor.

Our existing systems fail, all of them. They only benefit a small
percentage of humans, and fail the rest. Mainly because their main aim
is to perpetuate their own existence, with a side-order of accumulating
even more money and power. We need new systems, explicitly designed to
benefit the majority of people, not trample over them.

If you doubt that our existing systems fail us, just consider how they
are tackling climate change. Short answer: They aren't. We won't stop
it, we'll have to adapt to it. Probably very poorly. And guess who will
suffer the most?

Ben